1. WHAT LANDSCAPE SERVICES CAN I GET FROM YOU?
All landscape contractors are different, and some don’t do everything. So, you need to make sure the landscape contractor you want to hire can give you what you need. For example …
- Design Only — Some people want a professional landscape design but would rather do all the work themselves. If you want design only, be sure to ask if that’s available.
- Install Only — Other people have a design plan already worked out. They just need professional installation of the plants, structures, and irrigation.
- Maintenance Only — If you already have a landscape you love, you may need maintenance only services.
- Full-Service of Design, Install and Maintenance — For those who want it all, it’s especially important to make sure that your landscape contractor is full-service and can provide everything you need.
2. CAN I GET A LANDSCAPE CONSULTATION FIRST?
Most people have never hired a landscape contractor before, and even if you have, you always should get to know the people you’re hiring … before you actually hire them. A consultation is how you do that.
3. HOW INVOLVED SHOULD I BE IN THE DESIGN PROCESS?
You should be as involved as you want to be in the design process. Some people have vague ideas that a landscape contractor can define and expand upon. Others have more of a complete vision that just needs to be brought to life. Your landscape contractor should be able to meet you wherever you are in the design process.
4. CAN I SEE SOME EXAMPLES OF YOUR PAST LANDSCAPING WORK?
It can be helpful to view a landscape contractor’s portfolio of past work. You might even get ideas and inspiration from the examples you see.
5. DO YOU HAVE TESTIMONIALS I CAN REVIEW?
Any company — landscape contractors included — that has been in business for any length of time should have testimonials from past customers. If they don’t have them online, they may have them in a printed document that you can review.
6. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A LANDSCAPE CONTRACTOR IN MY AREA?
It’s important for a landscape contractor to have experience in your area so that they are familiar with the climate and other conditions that affect the plants in your landscape. They also need to know about any local ordinances and building codes that need to be complied with.
7. WHAT CAN I EXPECT FROM WORKING WITH YOU AS MY LANDSCAPE CONTRACTOR?
You need to know a landscape contractor’s work process so you know what to expect. For example, is there a supervisor or someone in charge of the crew doing the work who will be at your property while the work is being done? What time of day do they typically start and stop work? Will they clean up after themselves? Who do you contact if there’s a problem?
8. WHAT IS A REALISTIC BUDGET FOR LANDSCAPE WORK?
The cost of landscape work varies greatly depending on the scope of work involved. Building a complete new landscape is vastly different from a smaller-scale refresh that works with an existing landscape. A good landscape contractor will tell you what’s possible within your budget.
9. WHAT HAPPENS IF I DON’T LIKE MY LANDSCAPE?
You need to know that your landscape contractor will do everything in their power to give you a landscape that exceeds your dreams and meets your needs. How they answer this question will give you a lot of insight into their character.
10. HOW MUCH MAINTENANCE WILL MY NEW LANDSCAPE REQUIRE?
You can plan and install a great new landscape, but then you need to maintain it to keep enjoying it long-term. So, you need to plan for the maintenance that this new landscape will require.
You may find our Landscaper FAQs helpful as well.
Mike’s Evergreen is the right choice for your landscaping needs because we are the Valley’s premier outdoor living experts. We work hard to understand your goals and provide quality results that will exceed your expectations. We understand that one of your biggest and most important investments is your home or business. Your objectives, lifestyle, personality, as well as the specific needs of your property are carefully considered to reflect a landscape that will provide beauty, function, and value to your home or property. Mike’s Evergreen offers a complete range of landscape services so we can make your yard look the way you intend it to.
Choose Mike’s Evergreen as your landscape contractor!